What we do
- Award of grants for collaborative industry-university research projects
- Award of grants for research exchanges between Philippine and U.S. universities
- Award of scholarships for advanced studies and research in the U.S.
- Establishment of a Philippine Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable
- Participatory institutional diagnostics to help Philippine universities to manage research that impacts on national development
- Visiting U.S. faculty scheme
- Establishment of Professional Science Masters degrees
- Improved career centers for sustained industry-university linkages
- Advanced technical training of research professionals
- Placement of faculty externs in industries
- Curriculum review
- Innovation workshops with industries and academe to foster common understanding and collaborative problem solving
STRIDE will Create
- A dynamic network of researchers in universities and businesses who will continuously innovate
- Entrepreneurs and investors who turn discoveries into products and companies
- A government environment supportive of initiatives that enable these partnerships to flourish
What we want to achieve
The vision of the STRIDE program is that by the end of the five-year period, collaborative innovation will flourish, with universities and industries working together sustainability to support Philippine prosperity.This will be evidenced by
- Improved qualifications of faculty and staff in higher education insitutions engages in relevant science, technology and innovation (STI) disciplines
- Improved research capacity in critical STI disciplines.
- Strengthened linkages between universities and industry in high growth economic sectors
- Strengthened policy and management capacity of higher education institutions in improving the STI ecosystem.